Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday Works

I've mentioned before that I love working on crafts/art projects, etc. The problem is, I can't seem to find a lot of time to sit down, spread my mess out, and do a project before I get interrupted by one of my three kiddos, some chore to do, activity to run off to, or meal to cook these days. I guess that kind of time will have to come when they graduate right? Anyway, the Wednesday Works theme is where I can talk about something that works for me, or a project that is in the works. So, I'm slowly working on a project for Luci's room. It is a small project, and if I wasn't so tired in the evenings, or have piles of laundry to fold instead, I probably would have had it done my now. Maybe, I just need a little friendly nudge to get it done? After all, I don't want Luci feeling like the third child who's photo albums, and special projects never get finished.

Here's what I've been attempting:
When Emilio was born in ABQ, he was given a cross stitch embroidered announcement from a co-worker of John's. It was very cute, especially considering that cross stitch art is not as IN as it used to be, and some of the choices out there look quite outdated. I used to love to cross stitch as a younger girl, my mom had taught me, and so I thought I might go ahead and run with the inspiration from this gift, since it was so classy looking. It basically included his name, birth date, weight, height, and time of birth. It also had a fun "bug" patterned fabric all around the matte of the frame which livened it up. The Original Inspiration
I have since made several cross stitch announcements.....one for Gabi, my nieces and nephew, and a few of my close friends who've had babies. Here are a handful of the ones I've done. I've improved with experience. So, now I just need to get to getting on Luciana's announcement. Maybe posting about it is enough of a push for me, I think I will try and get back to it tonight as I'm watching TV. Laundry schmaundry, right?





2 comments:

heather said...

Cute Christina!
I used to LOVE to cross stitch. Those are adorable and are a great gift idea for new babies!!

Amber said...

What a portfolio! love all the colors and patterns...can't wait to see luci's=) Thanks for posting everyday. As you probably know, some people don't blog very often and its kind of boring=) I'm all excited to see what everyone is up to and they haven't posted in weeks or even months!