Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Girls Night/Boys Night

Last night I got to spend time with my girls....Gabi and Luci that is. John has Veteran's Day off today, and Emilio didn't have school, so they went on an overnight adventure camping last night. Brrrrr, I know. They actually didn't even camp in a tent, they blew up the Aerobed and slept in the mini van. They made a fire, roasted chicken sausages, and made S'mores, told stories, and Emilio loved every minute of it, so I've heard. This morning he called and said he found a stick that looks like a sling shot, and he smashed mushrooms, and he was listening to birds chirping, and went to the beach, etc, etc. He was in heaven hanging with his Daddy.
I don't have photos of the actual camping trip, but here is John and the kids the other night when they were testing out whether the blow up mattress would even fit in the van.
Story time in the van with Daddy
Silly Faces
Angry Faces


Anyway, the girls and I stayed right in our warm cozy little home, and did girly stuff. I painted Gabi's toes and finger nails pink, and then she wanted me to paint my own nails. I was then requested to apply makeup to her already cute little face. She put on all sorts of old jewelry that I had, and she pranced around like a princess. We watched a Dora the Explorer episode together, and enjoyed pink peppermint ice cream sundaes. I also let her sleep in my bed. I have fond memories of getting to do that when I was little and my Dad was gone overnight every once in a while. Anyway, we had a fun girls time together.
Pretty in pink


Showing Off

All made up

Yummy Treats

Ending the night sweetly

1 comment:

Amber said...

How fun! I liked what you said the other day about sisters...I never had one growing up either so I'm very excited to see the relationship between Ains and J as they get older. And I can't wait until they can do each other's hair and make-up...Ains can't either. She's already practiced on Z but Mike made me promise not to post the pics! Such an adventure!