Sunday, November 29, 2009

our weekend

We had stellar Thanksgiving weekend except for the traffic on I-5 both going to and leaving Portland.

Here's a recap of our time in P-town:
  • Had a super time out with Michael and Emily, Andrew and Karen Rose and John celebrating Karen Rose's 21st. We went to Kennedy School McMenamin's, a karaoke bar, Voodoo Donuts (sinful but delicious) and a salsa club all in one night. WE HAD LOTS OF FUN!
  • Ate yummy food on Thanksgiving and got to see family members. Also, watched the parade on TV, always a highlight, especially the Broadway musicals for us girls, and the blow up characters for the kids.
  • Went to Macy's Holiday Parade in Portland on Friday morning and the sun was shining (it had poured the whole day before)!
  • Played some Hand and Foot and some Phase Ten Twist with family.
  • Got the majority of my Christmas shopping done! That's a relief and saved some money doing it in Portland.
  • Took a step class at 24 Hour with my mom which was not only a great workout, but a blast!
  • Went on a date with John and saw The Blind Side....such a heartwarming movie. Definitely a must-see!
  • Got to see one of my dear friends Theresa that I've known since 1st grade and meet her new guy!
  • Went to my parent's church and heard the first sermon for the Advent season and sing Christmas songs.
  • Got to lunch with our friends who were visiting from St. Louis.
It was a wonderful time. Now we are back to the grind. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed (there is a lot of crap to unpack with a family of five)....and cold (John turned the heat off while we were gone). Looks like I have my work cut out for me this week because I'm too tired to do it all now. Buenas Noches.

No comments: