Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Daddy/Daughter Date

One of my fondest memories with my Dad when I was little was when he took me out on a date. I got all fancied up (I still remember the dress) and he took me out to dinner and to see the Nutcracker. Anyway, since Emilio had special time with Daddy on their overnight camping adventure, John thought he should do something fun with Gabi as well. Last night she put on a dress and grabbed her purse complete with lip gloss and a mirror inside, so he could take her on her first Daddy/Daughter date.

They went to the Hello Kitty store where she got to pick out a new lip gloss and lollipop. They had dinner at BJ's Brewpub, and then visited the bookstore. She came home with a new princess book too. Daddy definitely spoiled his girl. She fell asleep though on the ride home, and so I was able to tease John about being a "boring" date.
Emilio and Luci and I hung out while they were out. We drew pictures together, baked brownies, watched the Backyardagins, and read stories.
Brownie Sundae
Big Brother and Baby Sister
Peek a Boo

1 comment:

Rach Fairchild said...

yea! What fun memories! Its important time for a little one. I LOVE BJ's Brewhouse, we have one here too and their Rootbeer is so yummy!