Its National Blog Post Month apparently. The goal is to post a blog everyday for the month of November. I'm not making any promises, but I'm up for the challenge as of now, and I'm going to try and make it through the month of November. My friend Heather was the one who inspired me to ever start my blog in the first place, and has also spurred me on to try this out as well. Thanks Friend! She and a blogging buddy came up with a Back to Blogging Movement this month with ideas to keep us all blogging.
So, here goes. It is officially "Not me Monday," where I get to blog about an embarrassment or mishap.
The only one I can think of to report about happened just this past Saturday actually. We were on I-5 heading up to Seattle to go to a party of John's co-workers. We had grabbed some hot drinks from Starbucks for the drive up, and even splurged and got Emilio and Gabi the kids cocoas there. Anyway, we were stuck on I-5 inching along in traffic with cars on both sides of us, when Emilio announced that he needed to use the bathroom. We told him he'd just have to wait, but of course, that Capri-Sun after his soccer game and the kid's hot cocoa now were helping make his "need" more immediate. So, good ol' mom that I am, I climbed in the back of the mini-van, grabbed Gabi's hot cocoa (she was nearly finished), swigged the remaining cocoa in the cup, and told Emilio to get out of his car seat and pee in the cup (we were in stand still traffic people, so don't report me!). Emilio responded, "Really?," as if this was the first time we've had to have him do this. The difference was this time, that little ol' cup that once held the cocoa didn't have the capacity to hold everything, if you know what I mean. I know, too much info. I had to scream for him to stop peeing as my hand was sprayed and so was the plastic back of the seat in front of us. Ewwwww! Thank Goodness for baby wipes!!! Thankfully, I found a Ziploc bag in the car, topped the cocoa, or umm, pee, with the lid and little green stopper, and zipped it up in the bag until we could find a garbage. I have to say people, being a mom is not an easy job!
2 comments:
hilarious moment in mommyhood (that is, if you weren't the mom being peed on)! thanks for sharing... it made me smile :)
hilarious! love stories like that :)
Post a Comment