Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Santas, and lights, and candy canes, OH MY!

So, Christmas basically blew up in my living room last night. There were ornaments, stockings, Styrofoam holly berries, pine cones, ceramic Santas, elves and snowmen, and lights ALL OVER MY LIVING ROOM! The kids were so excited to decorate that they basically unpacked every box in a matter of minutes, before I could pull in the reigns on the mess. BUT, I must say, they did have fun decorating. Granted, I did have to re-do most of the work afterwards because they hang every ornament and candy cane on the same low branch on the tree, but it was worth it. This morning Emilio came downstairs and said, "That was so fun last night Mom." I'm glad my control freakness didn't get in the way of his fun this time. :)


Notice all the Christmas balls grouped together so nicely.....that's the kids work there.
This was a Luci wonderland just waiting to happen. I gently suggested they move the candy canes a little higher if they didn't want Luci slobber all over them.

What a fun age they are at for Christmas!

BTW - Thanks everyone for praying for Luci today. Her sleep study went well, she was an angel of a patient. We will get the results back in a few days.

1 comment:

Rach Fairchild said...

I love the tree! We are putting ours up on Saturday. There is NOOOO WAY we could do popcoron. The maminals would eat that :) Maggie would be in heaven!