- a sleep study I have to take Luci to at Seattle Children's Hospital tomorrow. She's had a few head tremors since she's been born, so we just want to rule out any seizure disorders. The Dr. is thinking it is probably just a neck spasm since she is a healthy baby who is on track with her milestones, but it'll give us all a peace of mind to take the test. Please keep Luci and I in your prayers tomorrow.
- Emilio has a Heritage Harvest party at school on Wednesday. Each child is bringing food that would represent the country they most identify with in their family. SO, I'm making mini calzones for the class to represent ITALY! I have MOPS that morning with the girls. I'm also leading a craft where we are stamping on tiles to make coasters.
- After the morning activities we will head up to Seattle with our pre-packed mini van and get John from work before we turn around and head South to Portland for the rest of the week.
- Wednesday night will hold dinner and dessert with the family. Then, Michael and Emily, Andrew and John and I will be taking Andrew's new wife, Karen Rose, who is newly 21 out for a night on the town. Should be fun. Mom and Dad will be watching the five grandchildren.
- Thursday will entail watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and preparing sides for the meal later that day. We will have our Thanksgiving meal out at my Uncle and Aunt's home in the burbs.
- Friday morning will mark our 3rd year of attending the Macy's Holiday Parade in Portland. We bundle up, get lattes and hot chocolates and welcome in the Christmas season together. It is a blast! At least, us women and kiddos think so, the guys are always kind of grinchy about the parade.
- Saturday will include some tax-free Christmas shopping! Can't beat that.
- We will return home on Sunday.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Busy Week Ahead
Today is a rather quiet day here at our house, E went to preschool, I took the girls to the gym. The kids have swimming lessons tonight, we are having leftover stir-fry, and then we will be decorating the Christmas tree together. I know, I know, you are probably wondering why we have our Christmas tree out so darn early. Well, we didn't have much going on over the weekend, so I suggested it since we'll be out of town next weekend. AND, I'm glad I did suggest it, because our artificial, pre-lit tree, which usually only takes 45 seconds to put up, took two whole days this time around. John informed me on Sat. that several strands were out in our seven year old tree, so he thought he's just go ahead and replace them with big colored lights (we thought we'd like those even better than the white lights this time around). Problem was, we didn't have enough bulbs, and the process was pain stakingly slow as he had to take each little white light off the tree. At 10 p.m. on Sat night John was heading out to buy new lights. He picked up LED lights this time, but when he started putting them on the tree, we BOTH decided we didn't like the light they gave off. WE know, they are better for the environment and pocket book, but they just don't give off a warm aura. So, he went back to the store after church on Sunday and got the big old fashioned colored bulbs. By 10 last night we finally had them all up, after that is, removing all the old white lights which required a lot of time and clippers to get the tangled things out of the tree. All that to say, our tree is a labor of love this year, but we finally have it up and ready to decorate now. This will be the beginning of a busy week ahead of us which includes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please keep up posted on Luci when you find out the results! We will pray that everything is absolutely perfect with her. Sounds like a lot of fun things coming up...I love this time of year! BTW, Jess and the new baby will be about 16 1/2 months apart...about like you and your brother! They are the closest in age. Ains and Z are 23 months and 5 days and, of course, Z and J are exactly 2 years apart. Aren't Emilio and Gabi about 18 months apart and then Gabi and Luci are like 23? It makes things crazy at times when they're all so close in age but I'm glad they are close and can share so many memories! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be safe traveling! Love you=)
Post a Comment