

We don't have a car today because John took it to work, so I've been trying to be creative with the kids. We went to the park and played chase and hide and seek (two of Emilio's all time favorite games right now) and then we came home and did some painting. I put big T'shirts that I don't use too much anymore on the kids (they looked so cute in the oversized T's) and a vinyl tablecloth on the floor, and then let them go at it with Crayola nontoxic washable (key word=washable) paints. Emilio dug in and loved the way the paint felt slimy through his fingers (he mostly created brown paint because he mixed all the colors together). Gabi was much more skeptical of the painting though. She eventually put some on her fingers and brought them up to her mouth and burst into tears when I told her, "we don't eat paint." She made a couple fingerstrokes on the paper, but it was mostly Emilio's artwork with a little of Mommy's help (I was trying to show Gabi how it was done). Maybe Gabi will enjoy it a little more when she's older. The mural turned out cute though. 


2 comments:
Look's like true talent to me! The photos are great. Thanks for sharing them.
Ainsley and Emilio like to make the same color! When she uses a brush, she dips it in each color and then paints. What great photos!
Post a Comment