It has been warm here the past two days so I decided to fill up the wading pool for the kids yesterday to have some fun in. As I was moving the pool to the grass, I noticed something jump, jump, jumping towards the garden, and it was a little green frog! I quickly dashed into the house to find a plastic container, ran back out and caught the little thing. I poked some holes in the top for it to breath and planned on surprising Emilio with it. When he woke up from nap I told him I had a surprise for him to see. I gave him clues like, "it's green, likes to jump, its an animal." He asked, "What is it? , What does it's head look like?" He was still a little groggy and didn't really have any guesses. When we went outside and he saw that Mommy had caught a frog, he thought it was soooo cool. We let the frog swim in the pool for a few minutes, but Emilio decided we needed to dump out the water after we saw the frog poop in it. Poor thing was probably scared to death. We decided to put it back in the container and save it for Daddy to see. After Daddy got a good look at the frog, we all congregated in the backyard and let the froggy hop, hop, hop back into the garden. Both Emilio and Gabi got a kick out of it. It is amazing how simple a thing can help bring kids so much joy.


1 comment:
That is a very inquisitive look Milo! What did Gabbers think? Nate's jealous..he wants to have a pool like that :) Too funny about the POOP in the pool, if he only knew that Gabby pees in it :)
Post a Comment