Today we were standing outside watching my dad put up the fence and visiting with my mom, Emmy and watching the kids when we saw deer up on the grassy hill. They disappeared into some trees, and Emilio ran after them. I followed him up there and we saw one run off quickly. I looked around and saw a little grassy area where we think the deer live, and tons and tons of blackberry bushes. We got a bucket and Emilio and I stood up there for 30 minutes picking blackberries, and they are very delicious. It was so much fun. They are literally 60 feet from our house! We are going to make a pie on Saturday with all the blackberries we picked, and we will be picking blackberries the rest of the summer. What a find!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Blackberries
Today we were standing outside watching my dad put up the fence and visiting with my mom, Emmy and watching the kids when we saw deer up on the grassy hill. They disappeared into some trees, and Emilio ran after them. I followed him up there and we saw one run off quickly. I looked around and saw a little grassy area where we think the deer live, and tons and tons of blackberry bushes. We got a bucket and Emilio and I stood up there for 30 minutes picking blackberries, and they are very delicious. It was so much fun. They are literally 60 feet from our house! We are going to make a pie on Saturday with all the blackberries we picked, and we will be picking blackberries the rest of the summer. What a find!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yum! That is a great find. Tell John and your dad that the fence is looking super! Do they want to come down here next and do one for us so that Bailey and Harley (the troublemaker next door) will quit attacking each other? =0)
Is anyone able to access your blog or do you have it set to "members only"? And how did you list the blogs you read off to the side of your page? I didn't know Rachel had one too. Have a great day!
Post a Comment