Thursday, September 20, 2007
Nightmares vs. Night Terrors
I mentioned in my blog earlier today that Emilio has been having nightmares almost every night, but I have just learned from researching on the Internet that what he is having is most likely Night Terrors. I guess the difference lies within when they experience the dreams in the their sleep. Emilio is definietly experiencing the dreams 2-3 hours (post REM) after he's fallen asleep. His eyes are open, but looked glazed over and he seems half asleep/half awake. He thrashes around a lot, moans, screams, cries. It is really upsetting. He doesn't seem to remember anything the next day either which is characteristic of Night Terrors. They are more common with preschoolers than older kids I guess. Anyway, the sites I went to say there isn't really anything to do for them except make sure he isn't hurting himself. It isn't fun to watch and see your little guy go through that's for sure. I hope that he outgrows these very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Milo, we will keep his night terrors in our prayers! I know there are many blogs around and websites, but my friend Epha runs INDYMOMS.COM and you will find something there for sure...
Post a Comment