This morning I was explaining to Emilio that we were going to go to his 3 year old check up appointment and if he remembered that the Dr. has all these cool keychains on the caddy she brings in. He said he remembers, but asked me who was on her keychains. I told him I think she has some superheros and princesses and characters like that. The conversation proceeded as follows;
Emilio: "I don't like princesses."
Me: "but do you like superheros?"
Emilio: "I do, but what I don't like are pretty girl movies."
Me: chuckle, chuckle, "Oh Emilio, what am I going to do with you?"
Emilio: "Send me to the Dr's!"
I thought that was pretty cute, a boy true and true. He'll have to deal with princesses though because I'm afraid Gabriela is starting early, she's already our sassy Italian Princess and loves all things girly.
So we went to the Dr's office and Emilio was a sport throughout the checkup obeying everything the Dr. asked him to do. She did mention he would have to get his 2nd Hep A shot and a finger prick to check for anemia. Oh boy, Emilio heard the word
S-H-O-T and he starting looking for a place to hide, opening cupboards in the room and telling me he was going to hide from the shot. I had to strap Gabi into her stroller so she wouldn't be a problem, and literally restrain him for his finger prick as he cried and wriggled around. For his actual shot the nurse and I had to work together to hold him down. He's a strong little guy. He took a long time to settle down and didn't even want to pick out his two prizes from the Treasure Chest they have. I picked him out a frog and lizard because I knew he'd change his mind later. He told me he didn't ever want that lady poking him again. I don't blame him. He got a sugar free lollipop as he left and that helped him feel a little better. He feels it is important to tell the world now about how he got poked. If only he knew life is full of pokes and prods! The one good thing about his Doctor visit is he finally has the color yellow down (for some reason he has really struggled with that color) because that is the color of his two bandaids that he received today, bright YELLOW! I guess it left an empression!
No comments:
Post a Comment