Tuesday, September 25, 2007
MOPS
Today was my first day of MOPS at New Life Church (Michael and Emily's church). I was excited to go today and meet some other moms that I can relate to. Emily and I met up so that Marco and Gabi could go into the same class together (we thought it would help them adjust). We left the one worker (apparently there was one on the way) with a crying Marco, a crying Gabi and another crying one year old. That lady needed some help and fast! Emilio was bummed out to find he was in fact not in the beehives (3 year old class) but in the barnyard (2 year old class). His birthday in September really causes problems for him. He's so verbal (I mean this guy is a non stopping chatter box) and he was in a class with very young looking 2 year olds. I had to run down the halls several times to even get him in the class as he proclaimed, "I don't want to be an animal in the barn!" Anyway, I finally left him with a very mean look on his face (although there was almost a smile when he saw they had playdough). Emily and I were teamed at different tables which we both agreed was probably good and healthy since we spend so much time together. I was at table 4 "Moraccan Tent" and Emily at 7 "Tudor Castle." The moms I met in my group were nice and I look forward to getting to know them a better. I did make a connection with a mom who apparently lives very close to me when we were first coming in. We traded information and look forward to a playdate together with our kids. Overall the meeting was fine, a little less organized than I thought it would be, but it is the first day. I do miss the intimacy of my moms groups in Chicago though (I guess I already know the gals there well, so it a comfort zone thing too). There are lots of women involved in this MOPS group. I think it'll be fun to hear the different speakers, do service work together, make crafts, and hear other mom stories. For some reason today they did a BBQ theme with the food, and it was just a big turnoff to me since it was only 9:30 in the morning. When they said come hungry I expected more of a breakfast flair. Looking at the ribs, macoroni salad and corn on the cob kind of made my stomach turn at that time of day. I grabbed some fruit and a corn muffin and was thankful for that at least. When I returned to pick up Gabi she was happy and the worker told me that Marco and her found comfort in eachother and played well together (she didn't know they are cousins). It just warmed my heart to think they are little buddies. Emilio had befriended an 8 year old home school girl (of course he chose to play with the older child) who was helping out and was playing chase with her. He didn't want to leave. Funny huh after the bad attitude about going. Anyway, MOPS meets every other week so I'll look forward to seeing what God has in store for me there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like MOPS was pretty fun. Not too sure about the ribs and such that early in the morning! That's pretty crazy. Those September birthdays do cause a lot of problems, don't they. Since Ainsley is in the older twos at school she is about the only one who can spell her name, say the days of the week, the ABC's and almost count to 20. I guess its a lot like me when I was her age. I was the only one in my kindegarten class that could read. Thanks for your comments on my blog about my trip. It was fun but there's no place like home! I hope you're having a great week!
Miriam and Rachel were always the oldest in their classes. The one thing I was happy about was the thought that they had an extra year before they had to spend sooooo much time sitting still in first grade. I often felt that the kids how were the youngest in the class were controlling and manipulative! Another thought, once they go away to college - they'll be slightly more mature! Love ya Aunt Debby
Post a Comment