Today I attended a memorial for a 39 year old man who passed away last week. I didn't know him well, but he was my good and long time friend's brother in law, and I wanted to support her and her husband's family. It worked out nicely that John has the week off and could take care of the kids so I could drive up to Bothell. The small funeral home was packed with friends and loved ones. His brother did a great job of speaking, and his friends portrayed what a good friend he was and what a fisherman he was as well. That was his passion.
I've had two grandparents pass away in the past two years, and as hard as those were, today's made me think a lot more about my own mortality. It was probably because he was young, or at least only several years older than me. Today, I thought about these types of questions. What kind of life do I want to live? What kind of legacy do I want to leave? What do I want people to be relaying about me when the good Lord takes me home? How do I want to live each day? How can I be a light for my faith? I don't have all the answers to those questions yet, but sometimes I think it is good to stare reality in the face, and think about these short lives of ours.
Sorry to be a downer, it was just a somber, contemplative sort of day. Please pray for the Greer family as they grieve.
1 comment:
Praying for you my sweet friend & the Greer family!
Post a Comment