Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cookies Galore

Carrying on the tradition of baking a variety of Christmas cookies this year as I have done in the past.  Got it from my Grammy and my mom.  Now, my sis in law Emily and I get together and bake away with our tried and true recipes, and a few new ones.  A few years ago, before my Grandma passed away, she gave both Emily and I Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies & Bars cookbooks.  Teamed with Grammy's traditional recipes, we have lots of choices to try each year with the cookbook.  We like to share them at parties, give out to neighbors, friends, and teachers, and of course eat them ourselves. 

Here are some of our favorites:
  • Grammy's Sugar Cookies (with orange flavoring instead of traditional vanilla).
  • Spritz
  • Raspberry Stripps
  • Russian Tea Cakes
  • 7 Layer Bars
  • Maple White Chocolate Pecan
  • and this year we also tried Biscochitos (a traditional New Mexican Christmas cookie)
Sometimes we throw in Orange chocolate chip biscotti, or fudge or Caramel Chocolate Bars.

What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie??????



Platter of cookies I took to a party the other night.

a great cookie cookbook

I love seeing her handwriting.  She was the sweetest!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

My favorite cookies are my Nana's oatmeal chocolate chip, I too love using her old recipe card & seeing her handwriting!