Saturday, December 3, 2011

craft time

I don't know about you, but I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago, and have been so inspired by all the ideas on there. I've tried a couple crafts already. One, I'm not going to give away, as I've made it as a gift for several people this Christmas. The other is something I put together for my kids this weekend, especially Luci. I found the idea on Pinterest like I said, but the actual project can be found here. I added my own embellishments to the ornaments and found other patterns on line too. This is what I made......  A Felt Christmas Tree with ornaments and alphabet garland!  The kids can take the pieces off as they please and reassemble the tree to their decorating preference.  Fun huh?
My favorite ornaments are the birds. 
Mostly no sewing project, only the button embellishments needed stitches.  Other than that, i used Heat N' Bond.

O' Christmas Tree!

I put the tree on the wall near one of our staircase landings.  It is so fun to round the stairwell and see the bright colors on the wall.  I'm a bright color junkie!  Just like the bright colors of my Fiestaware plates/etc, it makes me cheerful. 

No comments: