For the last three years, Gabi has been taking dance at the local community center. I wasn't too impressed with the teacher the past few years, but I tried not to be too judgemental (with my dance background) and take it for what it was.....exposure to dance at a cheap price compared to studios. Well, the former dance teacher moved away this summer, and a new teacher took her place. Boy, have I been happy with her. She is so nurturing with the girls, and so creative in her teaching. I feel like Gabi is FINALLY learning some ballet technique too.
Today, was Gabi's last day of this session, and the families got to come into the studio to watch. I LOVED watching my little girl flit about. Now, just to make things clear, I have no high hopes of my girls or even my son (because truthfully, the guy can MOVE) pursuing dance the way I did when I was younger, but just hope that they are exposed in different ways to this art form because it has always been so special to me. Anyway, I just sat today and watched Gabi with a smile on my face. She is still at the age where she doesn't care too much about what people think, and I love her confidence. She was having fun and doing her best which is what is important at this stage too. Dance on girlfriend, dance on!!! p.s. her baby sister was on the sidelines trying to copy her plies, arabesques and tondues as well. So cute!
 |
| tippy toe train |
 |
| excuse the flash of light, but she was so cute in her first position. |
 |
| I love this arabesque! |
 |
| yes, those are Luci's hands in the frame. |
 |
| getting instructions from Miss Joy |
No comments:
Post a Comment