Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Heat Wave

Last week we had a string of days that were HOT, HOT, HOT! Seattle actually passed an all time high of 102 degrees last Wednesday. Thankfully, the kids and I spent the two days at the beginning of the week at a friend's pool. It was such a nice way to keep cool. Emilio stayed in a life vest the first day, but I was able to coax him out of it the second day (he took swimming lessons all last year), and within minutes he remembered how to swim and was swimming all around the pool by himself (it ain't pretty, but it is independent swimming folks!).
Luci hanging in the shade
Emilio in the pool

Tuesday night we headed to an air conditioned grocery store and out to ice cream, it was just too toasty in our house to want to hang out. When we got home that evening it was 95 in the house! We all slept downstairs in our undies, with 7 fans running, and cold washcloths on our bodies. It was quite miserable.
Our aerobed in the living room
The kids camping out in the dining room.
Luci in her Moses Basket in the living room.
Because the nights weren't cooling down, neither was our little house. John told me I should just head down to my parent's AC'd house in Portland earlier than planned (I was going to visit friends down there last weekend anyway) to get the kids out of the heat. I didn't argue with him, and on Wednesday morning, I packed up and headed out to cooler abodes.

No comments: