The Birthday Girl and Emilio
Gabi winning lots of tickets with Daddy
Enjoying pizza and cupcakes
Good ol' Chunky, I mean, Chuckie. On Sunday after church we headed towards the University of Washington. You see, in the last few weeks, a lot has been going on with John. He got a new job as a patent agent for the University of WA!!! Go Huskies! (we aren't really fans, but I guess we'll need to be now). Anyway, John is very excited about his new position, and very thankful that he won't have billable hours anymore (a huge plus), he won't be attending law school in the evenings (MORE time with the family), and a host of other benefits from working at a university and in such a collaborative environment. It makes his commute a bit longer and the pay is a little less, but the pluses definitely outweigh the minuses right now for our family. We feel very blessed. Anyway, we saw his new building, went to the bookstore, got bubble teas, and walked around on the campus. It was a great outing.
We got bubble teas for a treat. The verdict is still out for me and Gabi on those black tapioca balls that fly up through the thick straws, but John and Emilio seem to love them.
Emilio and Gabi on U of WA's campus at the fountain.
Emilio took this shot, and was so proud of himself that he made the fountain shoot out of Mommy's head. He thought that was hilarious.
John and I
a little Luci for good measure.Speaking of Luci, she is just such a sweet little thing. She's really turning out to be a good baby. She's rolling from her back to her tummy all the time now (although she forgets how to get back over so she gets stuck). She is so intrigued by her big bro and sis. She will turn her head when she hears their voices, smile, and giggle at them. It is really sweet.
Emilio makes all sorts of goofy sounds at Luci to make her laugh.
Today we went to a new sprinkler park that we hadn't tried before. My friends Emily, Janelle, Sheryl, Terra, Jaime, Tina, and Casie all met me there (that equals 21 kids amongst us mommies). It was toasty outside, but the water felt great. We enjoyed picnicking together, gabbing, and running after our little ones.
Some of the kids
Some of the moms
Emmy and I
Marco's probably thinking, "I don't know about this Gabs, I mean we are cousins after all?"
2 comments:
WOO HOO!!!!!!! Yea John! I am so glad that he was able to change things around. More time with the fam out weighs the small loss of pay. Plus he won't be as stressed about school! YEA I say! Tell him congrats from the Fairchilds!
Love the pictures, Christina! I love how Emilio was eating from another table at CEC...not a hard thing to do when that place gets crowded! I love bubble tea...here it's called boba tea but it's the same thing. Those little tapioca like beads are difficult for anyone who has any sort of texture issues. Hope you guys have a great weekend! Love you and miss you=)
Post a Comment