Pink Cotton Candy
Emilio and Will
Having funOn Friday night, everyone went to bed, but me. John had a cold and wasn't feeling well, so he hit the sack early. I was craving homemade cookies and hadn't made them in quite some time, so I whipped up a batch. They are especially indulgent because they have chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate chips in them. I had to put them away in the freezer so they could be "out of sight, out of mind." That was after eating two fresh out of the oven of course.
On Saturday my folks came over with Marco and Eloisa. My bro and sis in law went out of town for a friend's wedding, and so my parents were up this weekend watching the kids for them. We had our annual block party on Saturday and the kids absolutely loved having free reign of the street for the day. There was a big schmorgezboard of food put on by our neighbor caterer again, and ping pong, pickle ball, water guns, etc to entertain everyone. After mom and dad left with the kids, John and I watched a movie I had received for my b-day from my in-laws called Bride Wars. It was a cute chick flick. I still can't believe John actually watched it with me, he doesn't usually watch those types of shows. I guess there wasn't anything better on.
Enjoying lunch at the kid table
Sweet Eloisa
Cousins
It was fun to ride in the street
Baby GirlWe played hooky from church this morning. Gabi is getting over being sick with a UTI. Today was the first day this weekend she didn't have a fever. We headed over to my bro's house mid morning to hang with my family for awhile. We took Emilio's big boy bike over because we've been talking about taking his training wheels off and giving him a try riding with two wheels. Nana ran up and down the cul de sac with him, and after a short amount of time, HE GOT IT! I was so impressed with my little guy. He still needs help starting, and someone to be there in case he loses balance, but he's really getting the hang of it. We had pizza for lunch, said hi to Mike and Em when they arrived home, and then returned home ourselves. The rest of the day we practiced with Emilio in our alley way, and he did great! I'm so excited for him to be able to ride by himself. Such a cool milestone! I got a good workout running up and down with him as well.
My first lesson
My sidekick Nonno
Taking a break/Thinking about what I learned
The Trike KidsAfter having the kids enjoy VBS so much last week, on a whim, I signed them up for daytime VBS at their cousin's church this week. I know they'll love it, and I'm over the moon excited about having mornings with just Luci this week. I'm going to be able to get to the gym, grocery store, and errands so easily this week with only one child.
1 comment:
Yea!! How cool that he can ride by himself almost! I remember my first lessons riding my bike. I hope he has less skinned knees :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment