Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Throw-ups

Emilio awoke in the night and was whining a lot and acting uncomfortable (he hasn't done this in a long time). John went and snuggled with him to make him feel better and then he started gagging so John leapt up to take him to the bathroom where he proceeded to throw up. We thought maybe he had too many sweets between the Easter Egg hunt yesterday and a birthday party he attended, but he has continued to have the "throw-ups" as he refers to them throughout the day, has been lathargic and has had a low fever. Poor guy, he's pale and looks pathetic. I experienced something today that I haven't in all 3 1/2 years of being a mother to two, I was literally baptized in vomit. I mean I know this is too much info, but it was down my front, down my pants (and I mean inside my pants, not just on the front), down the back of me, in my hair, and it was bright Gatorade Red! Emilio only got a small amount compared to me. I had to just keep laughing about it so that it wouldn't make him feel bad and tell him, "You really slimed Mommy." Needless to say I feel a whole lot better after a shower! Anyway, I sure hope this stuff doesn't spread. John and I even changed our dinner menu because we thought sphagetti didn't sound too good on the way back up just in case we get hit tonight. Please pray for my little guy, he really feels awful.

4 comments:

heather said...

Poor little guy... and poor momma! Yuck! We hate the throw ups around here too (that's exactly what Savannah calls them too!). But then again, who really likes them I guess...

We'll be praying for Emilio, that he'll be as good as new soon... and that the rest of you can keep your stomach contents to yourselves. :)

Melinda said...

Oh that's terrible. I feel your pain. Currently, all of us have a fever and cough virus which is very miserable. Wyatt has a bad headache which he cries loudly about it the middle of the night and during the day. Last night was one of the worst nights in a while for us. I will be praying no one else in your family gets it. Being sick is no fun. Spring cannot come soon enough!

Amber said...

Bummer little dude! I hope he's doing better. I have been graced with the "throw ups" pretty bad but only once. I'm sure with two kids and another on the way, I can't really escape it! Ainsley was feeling pretty low this weekend with a fever for most of it. Hope Emilio is doing better and that you guys don't catch the bug! The Easter egg hunt looks like it was a success! Love the picture of them in their glasses!

Rach Fairchild said...

I feel so sorry for you. I would have two messes to clean up if that happened to me. I cannot handle that sound/smell! I hope I get the "Mommy gene" that helps with that some day. Hope he feels better soon!