Friday, March 21, 2008

Decorating Easter Eggs with Toddlers


We headed over to Emily's house today to dye and decorate Easter eggs with the kids. I thought it would be such a fun thing for the kids to participate in. I was proven wrong. Okay, it wasn't a total flop, Emilio really loved plopping the eggs into the bowls filled with dye, but Marco and Gabi definetely needed full time assistance on this project. Even with our help, colorful, vinagar smelling dye was splashing everywhere (I was thankful for the vinyl, easy to wipe down table cloth that Emily had so smartly put down before we started the project). And really, Marco was very patient and seemed to enjoy the process too along with Emilio, but Gabi (my sweet, usually easy Gabi) was just in a mood today (you can tell she's getting closer to 2 because everything is "I do it."). She cried and kept yelling, "nother egg," "nother egg," over and over again with tears streaming down her face because she was so anxious that the boys would take all the eggs or something. She settled down mostly once we started decorating the eggs with stickers and egg tattoos (they couldn't apply the tattoos themselves either, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought those). Most of the eggs ended up cracked on one end or the other, and are covered with stickers, but they still look decent. So, dying Easter eggs was challenging today, but we got a few cute pictures out of it, even if Gabi was a "bad egg" through most of the process.




No comments: