Thursday, March 13, 2008

Conversations with a 3 year old

While on a sunny walk one day.......

Emilio: When Jesus comes to my heart, I'm going to thank him for the wonderful day.
Me: You can have Jesus in your heart and thank him right now Emilio.
Emilio: I can?
Me: Let's say a prayer and invite him. (We've done this before, may have to do it 50 times for him to have an inkling of understanding, and I think that's okay).
We pray together, him repeating after me.....
Me: Now you can have Jesus in your heart and thank him for the beautiful day Emilio.
Emilio: (slight pause). I think Jesus sometimes takes a while to get there Mommy.

So cute. I wonder if he thinks Jesus is a little elf or something that will jump into his heart somehow, maybe via the ear or some other orifice of his body. I could tell the wheels were spinning in his head. I love hearing his 3 year old thoughts on life lately.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is so cute! It is amazing the things that come out of their mouths! Quite profound for their age! Hope you guys have a great weekend=0)