Thursday, October 4, 2007

Question Man

Emilio has been asking me so many very inquisitive guestions lately. Some of the things he comes up with are so crazy I haven't even thought of them before. I'm worried I won't explain something correctly too, like maybe I need to google the answer first. Man, I didn't realize I'd have to be a walking encyclopedia this early, I mean he's only 3! Here are a few that I remember from this week.

"Mommy, when I hear music in the car, where is it coming from?"
"Mommy, when I'm talking, where is the sound coming from?"
"Mommy, where does the poop go after I flush the toilet?"

Oh, and he's obsessed, I mean OBSESSED with knowing the TIME right now. He asks me every few minutes, "Mommy, what number is it now?" And, "What does that number mean?" He's wearing his new Spiderman watch from his birthday too and checking it often. It is pretty funny. I need to start working with him on his numbers so he can read it himself.

I think the guestions are pretty darn cute though. I think he's going to be into physics and the other sciences like his Daddy, I can tell he's got that kind of brain already.

Oh, and we were riding scooters (yes, I do ride a scooter with my son, it is soooooo much fun!) down our alleyway today before naptime (Gabi had fallen asleep in her lunch and was already tucked in bed), and rode past our neighbor's open garage. Now, our neighbor is consumed with making the biggest, baddest Halloween props ever for a party he's having and Emilio saw this big round ball on a table in the garage. He said, "Hi John, What's that big meatball doing on your table?" I laughed out loud and so did our neighbor. Turns out it is a spider's body for the biggest, meanest looking spider I've ever seen. Anyway, Emilio just keeps cracking me up with his questions this week. Keep em' coming Boo.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pretty crazy the questions they ask. Ainsley is really into time too. We found a foam clock with moveable hands, dry erase board and marker so that we can talk about clocks and the numbers and such. Ainsley asked me this morning why the ice melted in her cup of water. I, like you, don't know how to answer all the questions without being too technical or without saying the wrong thing! I didn't expect this until at least 5!

Amber said...

hi Christina, haven't heard from you in a little while and there are no new posts so i just wanted to check in and see if you're doing ok. hope to hear from you soon!