Thursday, October 25, 2007

Maris Farms Pumpkin Patch

I promise this will be the last pumpkin patch blog and collection of pictures from the season. We went down to Maris Farms in Buckley, WA today with the Maple Valley Community Center playgroup that Emily and I frequent with the kids. It was an awesome day for an outing because it was crisp and sunny out....just beautiful (especially compared to the dreary rainy day we had yesterday here). A woman I had met at the library and her little son (close to Marco and Gabi's age) met us there as well, and so it was really fun to get to know her as we tromped through the mud with the kids. We saw goats, bunnies, chickens and roosters (poor Marco got nipped by a mean rooster), pigs, and sheep and the kids thought that was fun. They got to play in a huge vat of corn kernals for awhile, pump water out from a well pump, pick humongeous pumpkins out, and go on a hay ride. It was a muddy, messy, gloriously sunny adventure and we enjoyed ourselves.





That mean ol' rooster bit poor Marco!













No comments: