Emilio and I got out Grammy's famous sugar cookie recipe today to make some pumpkin, bat, witch, and owl cookies (those happen to be the October-ish cookie cutters I have on hand). We ran to QFC today on the way home from the gym and picked up some candy corn and Fall colored dark chocolate M & M's to decorate the cookies with. Anyway, Emilio wanted to be part of every process of the cookie making...I don't think he understood at first how long it would actually take to get to the fun decorating part. He did have a breakdown when he realized he wouldn't get to do the frosting and toppings until after his rest time, but was encouraged when I told him he was the only one (not Gabi, or Marco who was staying over for naptime)who would get to help mommy decorate. Here are a few pictures of Emilio making some yummy cookies today. P.S. He added loads of toppings to the cookies....Sugar Overload!!!
Super cute! I always think kids cooking pics are so cute. Too bad it's not always so cute in the patience department!! I've been thinking about doing some cookie decorating myself lately, however I have yet to attempt any big baking endevour with two kids involved. I think Sawyer's getting too old to let it slip by that he's missing out on the fun! Too old to leave him out, too young for the process to run smoothly. Four little hands and only my two makes me a little nervous, haha! Hmmm.... maybe this weekend when Ryan's home to help us! Anyway, Emilio looks adorable. Love the hat!!
1 comment:
Super cute! I always think kids cooking pics are so cute. Too bad it's not always so cute in the patience department!!
I've been thinking about doing some cookie decorating myself lately, however I have yet to attempt any big baking endevour with two kids involved. I think Sawyer's getting too old to let it slip by that he's missing out on the fun! Too old to leave him out, too young for the process to run smoothly. Four little hands and only my two makes me a little nervous, haha! Hmmm.... maybe this weekend when Ryan's home to help us!
Anyway, Emilio looks adorable. Love the hat!!
Post a Comment