Nothing too new going on around here, so I haven't written in awhile. Actually we did head down to Portland last weekend. We went down so that I could attend a friend's bridal shower that my mom was hosting. My parents, the kids and I all went to a Pumpkin Patch out in North Plains on Saturday morning. John stayed behind with Andrew because my parents just got a Nintendo Wii and they wanted to play it. Anyway, I'm waiting for my dad to send me the pumpkin patch photos, there are some cute ones that I want to post. John ended up deciding he does want a Wii for his b-day (right after Christmas) and we heard that they were going to be hard to find around Christmas because there weren't enough made or something. So, John ended up finding a few in a Vancouver Target and my parents bought and gave it to him early since his b-day is right after Christmas. I actually just played bowling and tennis the other night on it and it is pretty fun, you kind of feel like you are actually doing the sport, although I'm a lot better on the Wii than I am at actually bowling and playing tennis. What else?....oh, John got to drive Andrew's old beater Honda back to Renton. WE are buying it from my folks so that John has a little easier time at getting to the express bus, or even to Seattle for work. The commute has been a brutal change for John since he only walked 15 minutes to work in downtown Chicago. Anyway, I think this is going to make his life, and ultimately my life, a little easier.
Oh, and Gabriela is really starting to talk lately. She repeats everything. My favorites of her little words so far are;
I dooooooooo = I do (when she sees something she wants)
La u = Love you
Mi Mi = Emilio (hard name to say for a 1 year old apparently)
Here go = Here you go (when handing me something)
Peek Boo = Peek a boo
Pump Pump = Pumpkin
Pop Pop = Popsicle and or popcorn
Wa Wa = Water
Dant doo = Thank you
Anyway, they might not be as cute on the blog, but they sure are sweet words coming from her mouth.
Have a good weekend everyone, and I'll post Pumpkin pictures when I get em'.
1 comment:
glad to hear that things are going well! i love it when the kids first start saying words! it's a great thing to get on video or at least write down so you can remember them later. i'm glad that john will be able to drive now and cut down on his commute time...what a blessing. have a great weekend and i hope that the rain lets up a little for you guys.
Post a Comment