Friday, February 4, 2011

Hiccups and Throwups

I had a little hiccup in getting back to my blogging consistency......our laptop bit the dust last week!!! It just decided not to turn on any more, and it was frustrating because that thing is not very old. Anyway, I was super surprised that John wanted to make sure I had a computer I could use right away, and bought a net book for our family, that I almost solely get to use! Yippee, back to blogging for me.

We've had a busy two weeks around here filled with playdates, school, routine activities,b-day parties to attend, etc.  We were taking advantage of everyone being healthy.  Although, it didn't last long, as my little guy was up all night with the throw-ups.  I felt so badly for him.  So, today is MOVIE day around here.  Gabi is off at school, and thankfully a friend is taking her on to a b-day party she was looking forward to this afternoon.  We had to cancel our gym plans with cousins this morning, and kindergarten this afternoon, to stay home and get better.  E hasn't had any more "bouts" since 4 a.m., but he definitely doesn't have an appetite or much energy.  Poor little dude.  Here's hoping that the rest of us don't bite the dust.

Here are a few random pictures from this week.
We add new art work by the kids almost every month to these inexpensive Ikea frames in our kitchen.

I printed off hearts from the computer, had the kids watercolor them, cut them out, and add a "saying" sticker to make them look like Conversation hearts.  We glued them on, and voila!

I think Emilio took this photo of Luci.  She's a ham!

They all decided to wear their Mickey/Minnie shirts from our Disneyland trip last Spring, and begged for a photo together.

The kids are still getting use out of the robot costumes they made for Emilio's 6th b-day party last Fall.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Poor Emilio! Hope he's better soon and no one else picks it up. Love the heart craft idea...need some as we're on day 4 of no school. can't believe it in NM!! By now they'll be getting out of school in June! Miss you and love you=)