Friday, February 11, 2011

Flying By

Gosh, this week has flown by!  I've briefly thought about sitting down to blog several times, but just haven't done it yet.  It seems Fridays are my days.  The house is usually pretty clean and picked up because we host Small Group here on Thursday nights, so I can finally relax a little, and catch everyone up on newsy news. 

Thankfully, Emilio's sickness from last week didn't seem to hang on long, and somehow the rest of us sidestepped the ickiness too, or at least that kind.  Luci and I have colds, but those just seem like a given during this time of the year. 

So, here are the highlights from around here in the last week;
  • My friend Melanie's baby shower went great on Friday night.  My cupcakes turned out, even if my cookie favors weren't as cute as I had hoped.  It was a small group of women, but fun, and I think Mel felt blessed.
  • I took the kids to Home Depot last Saturday morning.  They have a great little building project on the first Saturday of the month for kids to do.  Mine love hammering the nails in.  That night, the kids and I went to my brother and sis in law's for dinner.  The kids had fun playing, and I enjoyed being my brother's guinea pig as he tried out sweet potato gnocchi with sage and maple butter sauce, and roasted veggies on me.  It was his first stab at it, and it was delish!  John stayed home to study while the house was quiet.  
  • On Sunday after church, John took the older two to the cheap theatre to see Mastermind.  I put Luci down for a nap, and got LOTS done within those two hours of quiet.  I was able to clean up the house, and assemble homemade valentines for Emilio and Gabi's classes with the help of the Cricut.  
  • I got to meet with a friend from college on Tuesday.  It is always  nice to catch up with old friends.  
  •  I found out on Wednesday that my gym's kid care dues went down, so I can now afford to bring all three kids to the gym instead of just working my schedule around when Gabi is in preschool.  And, I took my first spinning class.  It was a nice change, although my rump is NOT used to sitting on a bike, and I felt it.  
  • Luci has started on her own initiative to tell me when she has to go potty, and then producing, SOMETIMES.  The more I try to suggest it, the more she bucks it though.  So, for now, since she's still pretty little, I'm leaving it up to being her idea.  And, that plan went well this afternoon, she decided to go #2 in the toilet.  She is a very stubborn little thing, so I'm learning the dance of how to approach and encourage her on this subject.  I'm encouraged, but know fully well, this could take a little while.  
  •  I was able to take Mat Pilates with my sister in law today at the gym while the cousins played in the kid care.  It was so fun to be able to do that with Emily.
  • We have a fun weekend planned with my parents visiting, my niece and nephew's b-day party, and Lee Strobel (Case for Christ author) is coming to our church on Sunday.  
  • And, just a little preview of next week, my in laws will be coming from Chicago for a visit.  We have lots to look forward to.  

1 comment:

Lisa Patterson said...

you are so fun, Christina! thanks for the update!