Monday, January 24, 2011

Track Suit Superstars, and our spontaneous weekend

We had a great, fun, spontaneous, unpredictable weekend!  We had planned to have my brother's family over for dinner and playtime on Friday night, and we did, but it was a little different than we had planned.  Around 4:30 that afternoon, our power went out.  We still had a little sunlight, but it was quickly getting darker.  The kids were very disappointed because they were so excited to have their cousins over.  So, I called my brother and informed him of the issue, and they decided to come anyway.  They picked up pizza (since we were unable to cook anything), and we ate by candlelight. It was quite romantic.  And, the kids had fun running around the house with flashlights.  Around 7, the lights came back on, and we enjoyed root beer floats, a game of Sardines with the adults and kids, and a dance party in the living room.  It was a very fun, and joyous night!

On Saturday, I took the older two to the gym, and took a great Step class and did some weights afterwards. It was a very good workout.  I then surprised the kiddos with smoothies (they have a shop at the gym).  We ran errands as a family that afternoon, and then we got invited to a birthday party last minute.  So, John stayed home to study, and the kids and I had a fun evening for a family friend over at my brother's home.  We ate tacos, visited, and the kids watched Toy Story 3. The night ended with blueberry apple cobbler, and brownies topped with chocolate chips cookies....what a yummy combo!  Good thing I worked out.

On Sunday we all went to church together, and then John drove on separately to get some studying done.  I figured I would just hang with the kids at home, get laundry done, do a valentine craft with Emilio and Gabi, etc.  Soon after I put Luci down for a nap though, I got a call from a neighbor explaining that her son was sick, and asking if we would like their Disney Live, Mickey's Magic Show tickets for that afternoon!  Would we?  Heck yeah!  We had to wake Luci up quickly, and skedaddle because the show started at 3:30 up in Everett, which is about an hour away.  We were so sad for our little friend, but felt so super blessed they would think of us to give the tickets to.  The kids LOVED the show!  Luci couldn't stop giggling when Donald Duck would come out, and Emilio and Gabi can't stop talking about all the super cool magic tricks they saw.  It was very fun, and unexpected. 

The kids all wore their Adidas outfits (we are calling them Tracks suits) this weekend for the first time (a gift from their Nonno and Nana for Christmas).  They looked so sporty in them.  They also got a little silly, as you can probably tell by the pictures.





1 comment:

Amber said...

love the track suits!!! they are adorable=) can't believe how much Luci looks like Gabi. John better be ready when those boys come a knockin'! miss you guys=)