Friday, October 23, 2009

Pet Rocks

I'm afraid I've created a monster with my kids. You see, they LOVE creating crafts! I myself, love doing arts and crafts as well, I always have. As a child, teacher, and now a mom, I still love creating with my hands. Well now, the kids expect a LOT when it comes to doing crafts because I've instilled a love for creating in them. They don't just want scissors and paper, or just crayons, they want the whole kit and caboodle.......pipe cleaners, googly eyes, pom poms, stickers, paint, Popsicle sticks, glue, etc, etc. Hopefully they'll be creative because of it, but it just makes for lots of messes for good ol' mom here.

Anyway, Emilio came home from school the other day with a little paper box and told me he was supposed to fill it with a "nature" show and tell for Friday. After some discussion he decided he wanted to take a painted rock. After one failed attempt yesterday (he mixed so much paint together his rock just looked like a normal brown rock), he created a lovely color swirled rock to share. His Nana then suggested for him to decorated it......So, we got out the hot glue gun and lots of embellishments this morning and he created, "Rocky," the Frog Rock.


He was so proud of Rocky and couldn't wait to share it with his class.

Gabi also created a pet rock. Betcha can't guess what she made hers into....oink, oink.


No comments: