For the most part, things have been going fairly well this first week without my parents around, and with John back to work and school at nights. My sis in law, Emily has been a great help coming over to help with lunch a couple days this week, and I have an awesome group of friends that are bringing me meals every other night (such a blessing since much of my time is consumed with feedings every three hours, wanting to spend time with Emilio & Gabi, and housework). We all feel very loved and fortunate, and a little sleepy too....yawn.
Luciana is a little bundle of love, and we feel so thankful to have her in our lives. John and I are really savoring how itty bitty she is right now because we know that the kiddos get big sooooo fast, especially our babies who tend to love to eat and get rolly polly quickly! We've also all been having fun coming up with nicknames and sayings that revolve around her name. Things like:
"Lucy, I'm home" (said in Ricky Ricardo accent) or
"Lucy, you've got some explaining to do," (also said in Ricky Ricardo accent) or of course, "I love Lucy." We've been tempted to call her "Lucy Loo" and "Lucy Goosey" too and sing, "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" as well. Although our Luci is a little unique because her nickname will be spelled with an "i" instead of a "y." I sometimes call Gabriela, Gabi Joy, and so I've also gotten used to calling Luciana, Luci June. We are happy with her name.
Here are a few highlight pictures from this week and last.
My parents with their FIVE grandchildren before they left. Obviously, my kiddos weren't cooperating.
My dear friends Laurie and her daughter Jenny sent this cookie bouquet to us. Emilio's cookie is a "monkey" and Gabi's is a "pig". Emilio noticed right away that the cookie place misspelled his name, but we assured him it wouldn't change the taste of his cookie. :)
The Three!
Ballerina Girl Gabriela
My friend Julia sent us this onesie before we had Emilio. Now, it is tradition to put it on each child and take a picture.
Luciana is a little more awake this week than last.
"Sisters" My pink ladies. I'm still getting used to the fact that we have two girls! All along I assumed we were having a boy, maybe because that was my family set up (1 girl, 2 boys), so we were so surprised when a little girl came along. We are delighted of course!
3 comments:
You are a super mom! your little ones are soooo adorable!
You have some of THE cutest kids I've ever seen. I'm sure you get that a lot. And now you have three of them...
Don't you love that newborn new name stage where you are just in love with the name and how it sounds and how it fits them?!! Luci is beautiful!
We are so very happy for you FIVE now. What a blessing little Luci is, thank God for strong Moms and Dads like you too! Sounds like labor was challenging. Our thoughts are with you.
Love, Liz, Ryan and MacKenzie
Post a Comment