Today my son came up to me while I was feeding Luci, and announced that he had just eaten an ant. What? We have had those little tiny annoying ants ("piss ants" according to my friend Rachel, because they "piss you off.") in our kitchen lately. The ant traps have done a pretty good job of taking care of the pests, but occasionally you can find a stray one walking about. Anyway, I asked Emilio why he would do such a thing, and if it tasted good. He said he didn't know why he had eaten it, and said it tasted good, but then proceeded to fish half an ant body out of his mouth somehow. Ewww!
Shortly after the "ant" episode, I was zipping up Gabi's sweatshirt before we headed to the park and noticed the tiny jewels missing from her butterfly necklace around her neck (a Christmas present from her Daddy and I). I asked her what happened to the jewels, and she in turn said, "They in my tummy." What? She must of bit them out during rest time. I told her they would have to come out in her poop now, and since then she's been crying periodically through the evening, "I don't wanna have sparkly poo poo." Well, too bad kid, they gotta come out somehow.
You'd think I'd deprived my children of nourishment today with their weird intake choices. What the heck?
1 comment:
Oh my word, I don't mean to laugh but I can't help it! I told my mom the "sparkly poo" bit and she thought it was hilarious! Oh Christina, how did we ever entertain ourselves before kids?!
Post a Comment