Thursday, January 8, 2009

my first "random" updates of 09'

Happy New Year! Here is what we've been up to...

*John has had these past few weeks off of classes at night. He has been overloaded at work, but we've had him in the evenings and have been enjoying our family time together. It is amazing how thankful we are now for being able to sit down at a dinner together, play a board game, reading bedtime books, etc. The kids and I have really enjoyed having him around. He starts back next Monday night.

*John took a few days off after the new year last week and boy, did we take advantage of his time off. John gutted the whole garage, made trips to the Goodwill, recycling center to get rid of some old TVs, to the Hardware store for some new plastic bins, and revamped the whole garage. We can now get both cars and John's scooter inside and it feels great. The cleaning frenzy continued throughout our house as John and I junked out the kids' and our closet, various cabinets, drawers, etc around the house. We also got Gabi's new dresser moved into her room, and the changing table and armoire moved into the den/new baby's room. John also set up the crib in there. It felt soooooooo good to get all of that accomplished especially considering the fact that John won't have a lot of time from now until baby #3 arrives in March to help out with big house projects. Our house feel so clutter free, we LOVE it!

* Speaking of baby, I'm definitely feeling third trimester side effects as my back is aching a little more, I'm feeling bigger, and feeling the baby move like crazy. He/she has been having hiccups every day, and really making big movements across my belly. We are all getting excited about his/her arrival. The kids love giving baby kisses on my belly.

I know this picture of my belly is lame (I took it), this poor baby will hardly have any photos of them self whilst in my womb. But, you can tell that I'm getting to be "large and in charge" here.

* Emilio started back to preschool this week and is adjusting back great. Gabi and I have been enjoying our time together while he's at school. Today we took a trip to Kohl's to get a few needed items with some Christmas money. I found these darling thick hooded towels for the kids with my Grandma's Christmas money for them. It was a fun sale too, buy one for $24.99 get the next one for $1.00! Gabi got a flower towel and we picked out a lion towel for Emilio. They wore them all over the house today as their dress up clothes.


* Gabi has started to alternate days on taking naps. Oh believe you me, I put her down for a nap everyday, but some days she just decides to sing/talk for 2 hours in her bed (she's cranky in the afternoons when she decides to do this, but at least she stays in bed and gives me a break, right?). Today though, she did happen to fall asleep and this is how I found my little princess. So sweet.

I guess the book put her right asleep, reading does that to me too when I'm tired. :)


* Tonight John and I are going to the first small group meeting of the new year. It also happens to be the night that we are making up our Christmas party altogether (since it was cancelled two others times due to the snow before the holidays). It'll be nice to have John with me as he usually doesn't get to attend our small group anymore due to classes on Thursday evenings. The kids are looking forward to seeing their babysitter tonight. They like the change of pace from their ol' parents.

No comments: