Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Look at 2008

I filled out this survey last year around this time and thought it would be interesting to do it again.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Left my kiddos for the first time to travel to South Carolina with John for Josie's wedding. I had never left my kiddos for that long overnight before and had never been to Charleston, SC before either.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

One of the thing's I worked on this past year is not passing judgement on others. I may have done a better job of that, but I'm not perfect. I also have had less anxiety this year because I have given up on the things I don't have control over.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

YES! My sister in law Emily gave birth to my beautiful niece Eloisa and I got to witness the birth!!! My sis in law Jennette gave birth to Autumn, Jenna had Kaitlyn, Tina had Crew, Janelle had Grant, and Julia had Freddy. Lots of sweet new babies!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No

5. What countries did you visit?

NO other countries, just traveled to S.C. like I mentioned before and Idaho for the Tolomei Family Reunion.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

???? It was a pretty darn good year really. Maybe a bigger car, but I don't think that is in the works yet. We are going to fit all three kiddos in my Honda Accord for awhile, because the car is paid off. It is worth saving the money for us.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 12th- The day my niece was born!
May 8th- Gabi's 2nd Birthday...it was a windy cold day in the park, but fun.
June 22nd- OUr 6th anniversary!
July 11th- The day I found out I was pregnant with our third! Surprise to us all!
September 2nd- Emilio's first day of preschool.
Sept 20th- Celebrating Emilio's 4th birthday party at the Bouncy Place, going to the Tacoma Dome to see the So you Think you Can Dance TOur with my mom, Emily and Rhonda that evening.
December 30th- John's 31st birthday. Just a great evening together with Mike, Em and the kids celebrating Johnny.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably making it through this first semester of John in law school alone with my two kiddos much of the time and feeling God's hand on us throughout the time. Also, making it through first trimester morning (more like all day) sickness with two kiddos.

9. What was your biggest failure?
wasting time, losing patience, I'll keep these ones from last year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have really been healthy this year and I'm so grateful for it after 2007.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gosh, that's hard, I don't really remember anything all that significant. I really like Gabi's new white "shabby chic" dresser from Target we got for her room. John bought me a new camara/video recorder for my b-day that I use ALL of the time.

12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
Mom & Dad painted out kitchen for us and give me breaks from the kiddos when we get to see them. Michael and Emily continue to be a blessing to have around and a huge help to us. You know, my friend Jaime has been a doll of a friend too and has helped me out numerous times. Just the other day she watched my kids for me so I could go to my Dr's appointment and she greeted me at the door with a White Chocolate Latte in a to-go cup. She's always so thoughtful like that.

13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
That's not cool to discuss on here.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, health insurance, same ol' same ol'.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being pregnant again, feeling my baby move in utero, house guests, visits to Portland, new babies, b-day parties, watching my kids at Christmas time, seeing how excited my kids are about their new brother or sister, date nights with John.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Coldplay's Viva la Vida

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? for sure fatter, but I have an excuse right, it is a baby bump.
c) richer or poorer? probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
more scrapbooking and card making, I'm really behind on that. Kind of lame, I know.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
less fretting, it is always the same for me.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
In P-town with the whole fam dam, and it was a White Christmas. Although we were all over the snow since it almost cramped our Christmas style.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes; With the new baby moving around in my womb....I can't wait to meet him/her in March! With my exceedingly sassy and outgoing little girl, with my son's funny personality and sensitivity towards God, with my hubby of 6 1/2 years...I think we better understand each other this year and have seen the fruits of God working on us individually and together!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
So you think you can Dance and Survivor Gabon.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don't hate.

24. What was the best book you read?
Hard call, I've read a lot of great ones this year. Probably the Women of God Novella Series (Rahab, Tamar, Ruth, Bathsheeba and Mary) by Francine Rivers.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think I really had one this year.

26. What did you want and get?
one more pregnancy, didn't know if that would happen.

27. What did you want and not get?
hmmmm? Still thinking.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I liked the Secret Life of Bees. Usually I'm disappointed in a movie after reading the book, but I thought the movie was almost as good as the book this time.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to dinner with some girlfriends one night. Had people over for dinner another night to celebrate both mine and Gabi's birthday. I turned 31!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? probably having John around more, but that's not to make him feel guilty. We are in on this plan together, we just missed him.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Can we say maternity clothes? I tried to get by with what I had, but after two pregnancies and sharing them with some other people, I had to buy a little more to help me along the way.

32. What kept you sane?
Jesus, John, my Mom & Dad, Emily, My Grandma, my bible study group (Emmy, Rhonda and Jenna), and my small group. Having a busy schedule helped us get through the week fast without John around much. My babysitter on Thursday nights so I can attend small group is a godsend. Girls' Nights with my friends once a month too.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really fancy public figures all that much. They are human too.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the election as a whole was interesting to follow.

35. Who did you miss?
Family, friends in the various states we have lived in.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
All my new girlfriends from small group and church. I'm so blessed to have found a wonderful church home at the beginning of 2008. Also, some great new neighborhood friends as well.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That God really can use hard things in life for good.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm having pregnancy brain on this one folks. Not sure.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi Christina...thanks for the 2008 recap. I posted the survey on my blog too. Hope your 2009 is off to a great start!