Saturday, December 6, 2008
Christmas Lights
After a long trip back home last Sunday from Portland (there was lots of traffic) we drove into our neighborhood tired and hungry. As we made our way down the streets to our house we pointed out all the Christmas lights that had gone up since we had been gone for Thanksgiving. We drove past Emilio's friend Will's house and he noticed the colorful lights and said, "No fair, Will gets Christmas lights on the outside." We had told Emilio that we would decorate inside but that Daddy didn't have time (what with working and law school finals studying all this month) to put up lights on our house. I told Emilio, "Honey, Will's dad has more time to do that, but we'll still decorate on the inside." We could tell he was still very disappointed. Anyway, we got in the house and noticed a note on our counter top. It said, "Go out and turn them on, Love you, Uncle Mike." We all ran outside, plugged in the cord and voila......Christmas Lights! My brother had come over during the weekend and put up lights for us. In the tired, emotional, pregnant state that I was I started tearing up. It was really the sweetest gift he could have given us, especially his nephew and niece. They were so impressed and so excited about OUR colorful lights. It was a great start to our Christmas season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an awesome story!
How very fun for you guys :)
Oh my goodness I'm not pregnant but I just teared up at that story. What a special way to start the holiday season and so nice of Mike. Enjoy the holidays.
Post a Comment