I have just not been in the blogging mood lately. I thought this little questionarre about 2007 that I found on Heather's post may force me think aloud a little on here.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Moved to Washington state, had CAT scans of my lungs and sinuses, sought counseling, starting blogging, created mosaics.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I really had any last year. THis year I just want to work on not passing judgement on others.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Jenny gave birth to Natalie, my friend Liz to Mackenzie, Krista to Faith, Tessa to Kira, Kristin to Mia, gosh nothing but girls!!!
Several babies to look forward to in 2008 too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What countries did you visit?
NO other countries, just other states in the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
new friends, less anxiety.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 29th- moved to Washington
May 8th- Gabi's 1st Birthday/Moving into new home day
May 16th- My 30th! (I remember my mom's 30th, wierd)
June 22nd- OUr 5th anniversary!
Sept 14th- Emilio's 3rd b-day and first "friend" b-day party at the park
November 16th- My Nonno had a major stroke
Dec 30th- John's 30th!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
moving yet again??? it is quite a task to show a home with two small kids and sell it, then pack up all the stuff and move across country AGAIN!
9. What was your biggest failure?
wasting time, losing patience.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
For the first 5 months, many illnesses with my lungs, trips to the ER almost every month, many prescriptions, doctor visits, stress, etc. Thank God I've been healthy for the past 7 months. I feel soooooo blessed!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
our new house, it is really cozy and comfortable.
12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
Michael and Emily's. They let us live with them for the first month out here in the NW, and have watched our children numerous times for us in the past months. I can't thank them enough and I'm so thankful to live 15 minutes from them.
13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
I won't go there.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, health insurance, not that fun!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving, houseguests, visits to Portland, new babies, b-day parties, watching my kids at Christmas time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Maybe "No one" by Alicia Keyes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? the same
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter, I was super skinny last year and sick.
c) richer or poorer? a little poorer, althought maybe we were just more clueless last year since we are keeping a better budget now.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
more reading, more creating, more dancing, spoke more Spanish with my children.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
less fretting
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In P-town with my folks and bro, Andrew. It was fun watching the excitement in our kids eyes.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes; With my snugglebug of a little girl who isn't quite a baby anymore, with my son's creative, expressive personality, with the hiking trails by our house that we frequented as a family this past summer, with blackberry picking and making pies.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
So you think you can Dance, Survivor, and The Biggest Loser
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don't really hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This sounds corny, but these childrens books called Ella Elephant, Charlie Bird, Duck Ellington that come with CDs that have the greatest, classiest old jazz music on them that my kids and I love to listen to. They are so much fun!
26. What did you want and get?
to get to live closer to my family
27. What did you want and not get?
hmmmm? Still thinking.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't know maybe, Ratatouille
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had people over and played Bunko for cash prizes. I turned the big 3-0!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? finding a church home, having more friends/ groups to do things with.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Adidas gear (our friend works there and gets us 50% off, you can't beat it), jeans and cute long empire waist shirts. I'm a mom, I don't do fancy stuff that often.
32. What kept you sane?
God and my fam
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not sure.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Can't remember.
35. Who did you miss?
Family, friends in the various states we have lived in.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
They are all cool
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That I don't have to try and be a super mom.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Jesus, take the wheel.
2 comments:
Happy New Year, Christina! Hope 2008 is a good one for you and your family!
That was really cool. Thanks for sharing it! Happy New Year.
Post a Comment