Last week I found a few pictures that I wanted to put in frames around the house. Emilio saw one of the pictures in the pile that happened to be of him and John at a swimming pool in Chicago. Emilio got so excited about the picture, so I put it in a picture frame and told him he could have it in his room. Several times this week I've caught him looking at it longingly and also tucked under his arms as he's been napping. Precious! On Friday morning he told me he really wanted to swim with his daddy again. John hasn't been to watch Emilio's swim classes you see (they are during the day) so I think the picture just made Emilio think about swimming with Daddy. I think he also wanted to show him everything he's been learning lately. I started researching swimming pools on the Internet after that and found a pool in Renton with an open swim at 7 that evening. John agreed to meeting us there after work and an appointment he had. When I told Emilio, he covered his mouth and said with a huge smile, "I can't believe this!" He's very enthusiastic. The guys had a blast swimming that night as Emilio showed John how he can go under water, back float, his torpedo arms, and his spider man crawls along the wall, climbing out, and jumping in again. Gabi and I had to sit on the side because she's had a little infection that she's taking antibiotics for and I thought I'd play it safe and keep her out. We definetely want to get in next time though. Emilio fell right asleep that evening. Sad part was, we were snuggling him and fell right asleep too. Man, have things changed since having kids. Oh well.


No comments:
Post a Comment