Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby Update

So, I only have about 7 1/2 more weeks, give or take a few until our new baby arrives. I've been saying the due date is around March 20th, but we all know babies don't always come on time. I've got a pretty good track record so far though, as I went into labor 4 days before Emilio's due date and had him two days early. My water broke the night before Gabi's due date and I had her on her due date. I'm hoping this baby decides to arrive right on his/her due date as well. My mom has the last week of March off and will be available to help me and the kiddos out for the whole week. Unfortunately John's last day of spring break ends the day the baby is due. He'll skip class though if baby arrives that next week. Anyway, it is all in the Lord's hands.
I met my new doctor today. I adored my other ob, but she is due to have her second in February and so, she won't be delivering mine in March. I really liked her, but I'm used to not having my ob deliver my babies. My ob in ABQ wasn't on call when I had Emilio, and my ob in Chicago was stuck in traffic on Lake Shore Drive when I had Gabi. Anyway, the new doctor was great today. He was very easy to talk with and seemed like a great guy. He's young and has a daughter around Gabi's age too.
While I was talking with him in the office today Gabi got into my purse (Emilio was at preschool) and applied my red lipstick all over her face. The Dr. and I got some good chuckles when she turned around. He got some wet tissues for me to wipe it off and I convinced Gabi it wasn't her color. I suggested she go with her Hello Kitty sparkle chapstick next time instead. Oh, I so wish I had pictures of her from today. :)
Anyway, baby #3 is sounding good and growing well, and we are getting so excited to meet our new little guy or gal soon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: