We had a great Halloween on Friday evening. It was so nice that it fell on a Friday so that John could be part of taking the kids out trick or treating (he has class the first four nights of the week). Anyway, I always make some kind of soup on Halloween night for dinner, so on Friday I prepared an Asian inspired Hot and Sour soup with shrimp and some potstickers and broccoli on the side. We gobbled up our meal, got the kids ready and headed out. It had been raining all day, but Friday night was dry and not too cold, perfect for little ones to be out and about in their costumes. The kids really were at a great age this year for trick or treating. Sometimes they would forget to ring the doorbell and just yell, "Trick or Treat" at the closed door, it was pretty cute. Gabi would annouce that she was "Minnie Mouse" to everyone and say, "Thanks for helping," after she received the candy. I'm not sure why, maybe "thanks for helping the candy collection cause?" I don't know, but it was sweet. Emilio would make sure to tell each neighbor, "Have a great Halloween!" John and I got a kick out of how cute they really were. The kids equally enjoyed passing candy out back at home, especially Emilio. He kept watch at the door the whole evening practically while Gabi basked in the heap of candy she had collected, she was a happy girl.

Minnie Mouse and Batman!



With their friend Will (Ironman)


Later in the evening, my brother and sis in law, Michael and Emily stopped by with their kids, Marco (firefighter) and Eloisa (ladybug). My parents also arrived from Portland. Nonno and Nana (my folks) gave the kids each a goody bag and some new pajamas (dogs with frogs jams for the boys and piggy jams for the girls, which Gabi just loved!).






No comments:
Post a Comment