Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful for......

Although most of the weekend was filled with trying to come up with things to keep the kiddos and I busy while John studied (he's got law school finals coming up next month), there are many things that I'm thankful for.......

1. that John and I got to go on another date night on Friday night, thanks to our friend Kellee who watched our kiddos for us. We went out to a fun Italian restaurant in Bellevue, walked around Bellevue Square and talked. It was a nice evening together.

2. that John took the kids on a date to McDonald's (or Make up Donald's as Emilio calls it) on Saturday during lunch so that I could go get my hair cut. This was a special treat for the kiddos because we don't go to Mickey D's that often and they love the playplace there. We have to usually remind Emilio to come back and take a bite of his food since he just wants to play non stop and also usually makes at least 2 new friends every time he goes (which has only been about 6 times in his life). Anyway, the most special part for them I think was just spending time with Daddy since he's so busy with work and school right now. They adore him.

3. I got to have some peace and quiet during nap time yesterday as well since I took John's car for an oil change. It was so peaceful sitting in the waiting room by myself and reading my book, the Mary novella by Francine Rivers. I was also able to go to the grocery store alone too, which was a piece of cake.

4. for family dinners on the weekends since that can't happen during the work/school week when John has classes. We cherish the times around the table on the weekends.
5. that John got to finally feel the baby kick for the first time this weekend. Every time he'd put his hand on my ever growing belly before, the baby would freeze. Also, a side note, I had my 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday and everything looks great with Baby #3 so far. Another great thing to be thankful for. He/She was very cute I must say, but I didn't peak to find out if Emilio and Gabi will have a new brother or sister. We are leaving that until March when the baby is born.

6. for church on Sunday mornings....good teaching by our pastor, great friends to visit with after service, and a new song Emilio learned in Sunday School (Rocka my soul in the bosom of Abraham, complete with hand motions....so cute!).

7. a whole new slew of library books for the kids. I love childrens books, but get tired of the same ones after a while, so we get a whole new basket of books every 3 weeks or so from our local library. You can't beat free!

8. Sunday Family Movie Night, it is becoming a weekly thing here in our household. I remember when I was growing up that Disney used to have a special on every Sunday night on one of the regular channels, and my brothers and I looked forward to them. Tonight my family watched Madagascar. We had seen it a few years ago but wanted a refresher in case we get to go see #2 soon (Emilio has been asking to see it). Maybe we'll take a special trip to the theater over Thanksgiving or Christmas?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Such wonderful things to be thankful for...and I'm thankful for you, Christina! Reading your blog always brightens my day=0)Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. We'll be praying for John's finals and for little Baby Tolomei. Give Gabi and Emilio big squeezes from us and take care!