Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crazy Dreams

Has anyone else experienced crazy, wierd, vivid, intense dreams during pregnancy? I've had strange dreams with all three pregnancies, but I always seem to forget this symptom of pregnancy. Lately I have had such "colorful" dreams that sometimes I don't want to even go back to sleep at night when I finally awaken to take a potty break because the dream is so real. Here are two that I can remember from this week alone;
Sunday night: I dreamt that I decided to jog (which is a funny concept anyway for me because I've never enjoyed jogging) and I ran all the way across country in three hours. I ended up in Charleston, SC at my friend Josie's house. I had these wierd emotions too like being very proud of myself for jogging cross country (pregnant no less, but also horrified for leaving my family for that long and being so far away. By the time I got there it was getting late and I knew I needed to get back home to my kids, but I was contemplating whether to stay overnight because I knew my Dad would worry about me jogging alone in the dark. Can we say wierd?

Monday night: I dreamt that I went to Safeway to pick up just a few groceries and ended up spending $476.00 dollars. I was baffled, trying to figure out if groceries had all of a sudden skyrocketed or if I had just really gone on a mindless shopping spree? I was so anxious inside trying to decide what to take off my bill. I remember thinking I wanted to cook with pumpkin and had bought a huge, really expensive pumpkin and was trying to understand why I had chosen that over canned pumpkin? I was so nervous when I finally came to and really had to do a lot of self talk to help me realize it was all a dream.

Anyway, it isn't like these dreams are nightmares where a family member is in danger, or the house is on fire or someone is chasing me, but they are scary in a different sense and they feel like reality when I'm in them.
So, does anyone want to share any of their crazy, pregnancy dreams they have in their memory? I'd love to hear them. Or, maybe I'm the crazy one and most people don't have this experience?

1 comment:

Amber said...

No, you're not crazy! Dreams are really vivid and strange when you're pregnant...I can remember having some doozies. I can't remember what they were about now, but I know they were strange too=0)
What great pictures of the kids in the leaves...I remember doing that when I was little. Ains and Z love to pick up leaves and crush them in their hands!