Sorry, I haven't had anything too new to report this week. It has been a good week, very busy, but I haven't taken lots of photos, or really any for that matter.
Here's a recap of the week so far in words;
Monday- Gabi got her pointer finger stuck in a cabinet hinge. It is the kind that folds out to the lazy susan and it was really wedged in there. She had a big owie and was very sad. Emilio was very upset too. It seems to be healing okay though.
Emilio also started a new session of swim lessons. He has the same teacher as last time which is nice. He's really improving on his swimming skills too. I'm was very proud of him. Now, if he can only follow instructions and stop constantly dunking himself under the water while the other kids are taking turns with the teacher.
Tuesday- After picking Emilio up at school at 11:45 we headed down to Chipotle for lunch. We then went to Target, the mall (Nordstrom's, Starbucks and the play place of course), Joann's, Michael's and Old Navy. I got tons of Christmas shopping done with both of the kiddos in tow. IT was quite a feat and very strategic. You see, that night I hosted a Girl's Night for the women of my small group. It started at 7:30 and my whole purpose of taking the kids out and skipping their naps was so they'd be tired and go to sleep early. I felt a little guilty about it, especially since around dinner time Gabi really started falling apart, but it was worth it in the long run. Not only did I get the majority of my shopping accomplished....and before Thanksgiving!, but the kids did go down pretty well. Gabi fell asleep at 7 ish and Emilio at 8 ish.
PLUS, we girls had an awesome night together of Italian food, looking at each other's wedding albums/photos, playing a game and doing what we do best....gabbing.
Wednesday- Besides the gym, I hosted Bible Study at my house. We talked about our latest session on JOY which was great, and had the most wonderful treats....brownies, banana bread and cranberry oatmeal squares. Delicious! Emilio also had swimming that night.
Thursday- Today is a rainy day here in WA. Emilio had preschool. He was very proud of the fact that he got to bring snacks and be the special helper all morning at school. Gabi and I had a neighbor friend and her two year old son over to play. We had a nice time catching up and the kids had fun doing art projects with Do A Dot markers. Tonight our babysitter Carla comes over so that I can go to Small Group. I ALWAYS look forward to that. Afterwards, John and I have a date watching Survivor together (I tape it since I'm out and he's in class).
The biggest news is that we are getting a new TV tonight too. Our TV in the living room hasn't been working for the past month or so. John's parents are helping us buy a new one for Christmas and John's B-day and my brother is bringing back the new TV from POrtland tonight(my dad bought it there for us.....a discount through a friend and tax-free) . My bro had a business trip to Portland and that's why he will be delivering the TV. Anyway, it'll be nice to have a working tv again.
1 comment:
Congrats on the new tv :)
I keep forgetting I've been meaning to tell you that I did that Beth Moore Fruits of the Spirit study last spring as well and I absolutely loved it. It's so great that you have an awesome group of women to share that study with!
Post a Comment