Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Double Trouble

This morning I got a dose of Double Trouble from my two kidlets....that's right Gabi was part of the trouble too...surprise, surprise, in fact, she was the instigator most of the time. I had to drive down to Les Schwab Tires to get my tires rotated this morning. The wait was about an hour so I decided to get the umbrella stroller out and walk the kids across the street to Walmart. They were happy as clams at first eating their own individual bags of popcorn that the tire place so nicely had on hand and sat still in their double seater Walmart cart. As soon as the last kernels were eaten though, they turned into obnoxious little monkeys. Somehow Gabi managed to work herself out of the seat belt, Emilio was never strapped in to begin with and they were running wild down the aisles touching EVERYTHING!!! If I said, "Get back into your seat, Behave, and oh, you are being so naughty," once, I must have said it at least 35 times. They pulled toys off of the shelves, started spraying room fresheners, pumped lotion all over the floor, wrestled with each other in the store, and Gabi has been into blowing raspberries which is her way of trying to spit!!! To make matters worse Emilio started calling out, "Hello little bitches," in the middle of the aisle. What he's trying to say to Gabi I might add is, "Hello little britches," but it comes out the other way so people were looking at us trying to decipher whether my child just calling them a "bitch" or not. Soooo embarrassing! I guess he got it from the Jungle Book movie because Baloo the bear calls Mowgli "Little Britches." I thought it was funny at first until he sounded off in the store. Anyway, shopping today was very challenging. I finally had to tighten Gabi's seat belt straps and threaten them with the possibility of not making it to the park as we had planned earlier in the morning if their behavior didn't improve. They did pretty well on the way back to the tire place, albeit Emilio eating a few extra popcorn kernels off of Les Schwab's floor. The kids never cease to amaze me. Mothering is a tough job!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Boy can I relate to this post!! Kids and the store can be a nightmare. And I enjoy shopping so I tend to drag it out more than I should, hoping to look down one more aisle and then...meltdown. When the kids were younger, I ALWAYS brought a snack. Dum Dums where always a big hit although a bit messy. It kept them quiet in the cart and I could threaten either not to give it to them or to take it away. :) Reading about Emilio's outbursts made me laugh.Yes, very cute until he does it in public. Hope you guys are having a good summer. Hope to see you soon.

Amber said...

Man alive...the "little britches" part just about knocked me off my seat with laughter! Oh Christina, don't they say the darndest things?! I could totally picture the whole senario. Of course, looking back now I bet you're laughing! Thanks for sharing=0)

The LaFiette's said...

Going the store is always an adventure. I am so glad I am not the only one. Being a mother is defintely a crazy job!

The LaFiette's said...

Going to the store can always be an adventure! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that this happens too. Being a Mother is a crazy job!

Unknown said...

OMG...You deserve a mommy award for making it through that one. I might have peed me pants if I were witness to the " hello little bitches." Definitely, one for the babybook. Thank God you only have to get that done once a year : ) And gosh...those are the things that we will miss the most when they are all grown up. Hang in there. BTW...they couldn't be cuter.