I had so much fun teaching at
Elite Performance Dance Camp (a dance camp specifically for WA state high school dance teams, students are between ages 14-18) last week. I taught a beginning pom routine, a beginning production (character type dance with props) routine, the beginning kick line, intermediate ballet technique class, and faciliated a coaches meeting. In between those responsibilites I helped judge many dance routines so we could give dancers feedback, helped sell some merchandise for the camp and also helped my sis in law, Emily with Eloisa, my 4 month old niece. I spent the night on Tuesday and Wednesday of camp since my mother in law was in town helping with the kiddos, and it was so nice to change up my normal mommy week of of preparing meals, getting my kids to an activity or the other. I missed them, but really enjoyed spending time doing two of my former passions, teaching and dance!!! My in laws and John brought the kids to the final performance on Thursday and were able to see first hand how hard everyone at camp had worked the past four days. One of my favorite moments was when I was performing in front of the all star beginning kickers (just in case they forgot the routine) and Gabi started yelling, "That's my mommy," over and over again. So sweet. Here are just two pix of camp.....I was so busy I didn't get much time for any others.

This was my production group. We used the "Happy Working Song" from the musical, Enchanted. These girls were in LOVE with the movie and so cute. They kept telling me how much they liked the routine, they were really fun to work with.

This is Emily and I at the formal dinner. Eloisa is sleeping in my arms. Emily and I had fun hanging out at camp, it was like old days when we met at dance camp in OR over 8 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment