I love to read, but ever since I've had children I can just think of so many other things I should be doing when they are occupied or sleeping (laundry to pull in or out, meals to prepare, floors to sweep, etc). I also find myself wanting to veg in front of the T.V. at night when they are finally down because I'm tired and reading makes me sleepy when I'm already toast. But, in the summertime, the longer days, and lack of interesting T.V. programs (except for a few, my alltime favorite, So you think you can Dance is on of course) makes me want to pick up a good book. I like to catch up on reading time in the summer. Here are my summer book lists so far but I'd love to add to them if any of you have suggestions.
Read so far-
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (thanks to Heather)
Becoming a Woman of Purpose by Cynthia Heald
Books I'm currently reading-
Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury
The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee (I really need to finish this one, picked up last January and read most of it but haven't finished. Not that it isn't good, just a lot of food for thought---meaty food for thought).
Books I plan to read-
No Other Gods (Member book) by Kelly Minter (doing a bible study with this one)
Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary series by Francine Rivers
Bringing up Boys by James Dobsen
1 comment:
I am reading Heaven by Randy Alcorn and it has been really good so far. If you have time it is a good one to add to your list too :)
As for easy reads there is the Mitford Series by Jan Karon and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those books. They are simple and really cute. Hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment