Last week I just decided to keep with our regular schedule with an extra change of clothes, some lysol wipes, and a potty top in hand. Gabi did great. She even was able to hold off having an accident last Friday when we went to this bouncy place with all the inflatable toys that can shake the pee out of anyone. She promptly went pee right after our time there in the public toilet. I couldn't believe it.
I know she's pretty young, 23 months just yesterday, but this was also the time that Emilio was potty trained, so we thought we should just keep going forward with it.
Well, Saturday was another story. Gabi probably peed in her pants 15 times that day and did #2 as well. I was so discouraged, humbled, in over my head in laundry, and kind of miffed at her, I'll admit it. It felt like she was just trying to be defiant that day to me. I decided to stay home with her on Sunday and really give it another try before I gave up. I had to wake up and spend some good time in prayer, and use lots of creative ideas that my mom and I brainstormed about to feel like I could take on the potty training again. She did much better on Sunday, and has gotten back on track since then. She's even starting to tell me when she has to go now. I'm so proud of her and so thankful that we didn't give up altogether.


I'm a big girl now!
4 comments:
What a doll! That is awesome that she is doing so well. I was thinking about getting the potty seat out for Z because he asks to go sometimes before a bath. The other day he asked so I put him on the toilet and he sat there for a little while, looked around and then said done. I know he's not really going but I know there's no harm in sitting him on the potty. Anyway, I put him next to the bath while it was filling up and turned to put toothpaste on Ains' brush and he was peeing all over the side of the tub! They're too funny! Good job not giving up though. I think potty training was one of my most trying times so I'm not looking forward to doing it soon! Miss you!=0)
imnh.isu.edu/digitalatlas/teach/lsnplns/potaoelp.htm
I don't know if it will take you directly to the site but I know you were asking about the potato project. I remember doing it in elementary school. You place toothpicks in a potato to hold the bottom part in a jar of water and eventually it will sprout and grow a new potato plant. It took forever for Ainsley's to grow (I think it's because they are so treated these days!) but now it is growing out the jar like crazy. Let me know if you do it with the kids. I wish I had taken pictures of it when they started and then now so if you do it, blog it!!=0)
that is amazing...I'd love to hear your 'creative ideas' that you used on Sunday...We're still working on getting Charlie potty trained and would love any new ideas. sigh.
SO PROUD!!! How cute are those pics? She is so big! Keep with it. If she is ready it will just take some time! Way to not give up!
Post a Comment