
JoMary (Josie's sister who is 8 months pregnant) and I getting pedi's!

The bride to be getting pampered!

Cooper's sister Sara getting her nails done.

Josie, JoMary, Jolie
Anyway, after hitting the nail salon with all the girls we headed over to Cooper's (Josie's then fiance, now husband) aunts house in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It was a home straight out of a Southern Living magazine, it was really quite beautiful! We enjoyed Mimosas and Sweet Tea which the South is notorious for, Chicken salad on crossaints, frozen fruit salad, and a wonderful cake as well. The cake had ribbons underneith it and each bridesmaid got to pull a ribbon that had a charm attached to it. Each charm meant something different. We collected all the charms to make a bracelet for Josie to remember the day by. Josie also distributed her gifts to all of us which included brown beaded flip flops (for the Reception after the wedding), hand made beaded jewlery from Josie for the wedding day, a cross, and a decorative bindi for the rehearsal dinner. They were all such sweet gifts. Cooper's aunt also had little boxes for us filled with Benne Wafers (popular cookies in the South) and a little prayer on a scroll to read together for Cooper and Josie.

The location of our Bridesmaid Luncheon.
The Darling Charm Cake
Me, Josie, and Terri

Party Favors
Beautiful back porch
Swinging Jolie
Boardwalks over the swamps in the backyard
Party favors from Josie
Guests opening their gifts
Friday evening we had the Rehearsal/Dinner at Christ our King Catholic Church. Most of the bridesmaids were staying at a beach house with Josie and all came adorned in Indian sari's. They looked gorgeous! I missed out on that fun since JOhn and I were staying in another part of town, but I proudly wore the bindi between my eyes which was festive. The rehearsal dinner was a very nice sit down meal, and we had a good time getting to know Josie and Cooper's friends.

Me dressed up!

Terri and I, friends since the first grade (Josie met Terri through me)

Practice makes perfect

Excited for the big day tomorrow

Me and my honey!
1 comment:
What fun! I am already having trouble painting my toes so a pedi sounds delightful! SC looks like a beautiful place to visit...is that where Josie is from? I can't wait to see wedding photos! Hope you guys have a great weekend=0)
Post a Comment