Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting a little crafty

When Emilio was born a woman at John's work in Albuquerque made a cross stitch birth announcement for him, covered the matting with fun fabric and put it in a frame for us. I thought it was such a cute idea. I've always loved to cross stitch, my mom taught me as a little girl, but lately most of the cross stitch patterns I've seen have been kind of ornate and old fashioned looking. I took the idea from John's co- worker and made a cross stitch for Marco Joseph, my nephew, when he was born using barnyard animal material that I found at the craft store. When Gabi was born I made her a ladybug themed one. When my friend Jenny had her daughter Natalie June, I made a cherry inspired one. I recently finished one for my new niece and I have to say it turned out pretty darn cute. Here are some examples of what I've done (I don't have pictures of Marco Joseph's or Natalie June's though).

THis was the original gift from the women in Albuqurque.
This is the one I made for Gabi

This is my latest for my new niece!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow Christina! Those look great! I love the fabric and colors for Eloisa's. You are too crafty girl! Have a great weekend. Hope Emilio made a full recovery too.=0)