Tuesday, May 18, 2010
recital
On Saturday, Gabriela had her first dance recital. She did a great job performing on stage, and looked darling in her blue tutu. I have to say, as I was fixing her hair for the performance, I had a myriad of memories come back to me of all the dance recitals and competitions I did as a child. It must of been the smell of the hairspray, or the feel of the bobby pins as I attached the little blue flower to her hair, or the glare of the sequins that took me back there, but it was funny to think that I have a child who was old enough to start all of that, only if she really wants to of course. She seems to really like dancing, but I don't want her to feel pressured in any way about diving in solely to dance if it isn't "her thang." I do admire Gabi's tenacity and lack of inhibitions as she dances, at least, at this point in her little life. She is very confidant and doesn't seem to care too much about what others think. We were very proud of her!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gabi looks ADORABLE! I love the look in that first pic :)
What a little doll you have!!
Post a Comment